This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.

About Oak Grove

Oak Grove History

Oak Grove School was originally called Madden School, and it was located on St. Mary's Road in Green Oaks, Illinois. The first building was a log cabin built in 1850. There were two terms. The summer term, held from May to September, was for the younger children, and the winter term, held from November to March, was for the older children.
In 1923, Madden School was moved to a new location at the corner of O'Plaine and Buckley Roads, and its name was changed to Oak Grove School. When this school became crowded, a new school was built further south on O'Plaine Road. As more children enrolled, new additions were added in 1960, 1964, 1970, 1977, 1990, and 1997.


The Old Oak Grove School