Middle School Social Studies Curriculum Review Scheduled for May 6-17, 2019
For the last two years, the curriculum review cycle looked at middle school social studies resources for grades 6-8. The teachers participated in a product review day with vendor presentations. Teachers completed comprehensive rubrics which then determined which products would continue to be looked at through a pilot unit of study. At the conclusion of each pilot, teachers reflected again on the rubric to add additional details of information. After all pilots had been completed, additional teacher feedback was requested. After reviewing the rubrics, alignment to the state standards, and ability to meet the district's mission of providing daily differentiated instruction, product decisions were recommended for purchase.
The next step in the review cycle is to receive stakeholder feedback about the potentially purchased resources before the final recommendation is made to the Board Of Education. If you are interested in reviewing the reading resources, they will be available in the District Office, May 6th through the 17th, from 8 am - 4:30 pm. After reviewing the materials, please take a moment to provide feedback on our recommendations.
- Common Core Standards for English Language Arts
- Common Core Standards for Mathematics
- Common Core Science Standards (Follow their development here...)
- 8 Mathematical Practices and ELA Capacities of a Literate Individual (Students learning habits of the mind)
- Close Reading Strategies
- Common Core Resources for Families
- Creating Text Dependent Questions
- "Achieve the Core"
- ELA CCSS Web Resources
- Math CCSS Web Resources
- LearnZillion - "Exceptional preparation for the Common Core"
- Lexile Levels aligned to College & Career Readiness (Chart Includes: Lexile, F&P, AR and CCR as of Oct. 2012)
- Assessment Information
- Common Core Standards - The Illinois Plan (opens in new window)
- Curriculum Guides
- Instructional Resources
- Mission Statement & Background
- Professional Development
- Talented and Gifted (TAG)
- District e-Learning Plan
- Standards-Based Reporting
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.