Oak Grove News
Weekly Update - 08/15/2022
New Family Night
We had a fantastic turnout for New Family Night last week. Mrs. Joni Kane and Mr. Kane, Mrs. Kate Byers, Mrs. Beth Zender, and Mr. Jeff Barry from the PTO and Foundation helped welcome over 70 new families. Representatives from Scouts and Marla’s Lunch shared program information, and OGS student volunteers spoke about their OGS experiences and provided tours of our beautiful campus. Thank you to everyone who helped plan this special event!
Curriculum Nights - Update
K-2: Tuesday, August 23
3-5: Wednesday, August 24
6-8: Thursday, August 25
All curriculum nights will follow a back-to-back presentation format. The first presentation will be from 6-6:25 PM and the second presentation will be from 6:35-7 PM. This way, families can attend presentations for two children who may fall on the same night (ex. Kindergartener and 2nd grader).
Expectations for Safety
As we prepare to provide a safe environment for all of our students, we wanted to make you aware that:
- All visitors, including parents and relatives, need to be buzzed into the building through the Main School Office Door 1.
- All visitors will be required to identify themselves by providing a driver’s license that will be checked through the Raptor system.
- All outside doors will be kept closed and locked, and at no time are any of the outside doors allowed to be propped open, not even during lunch recess or PE class.
CarDrive Line Number
Please refer to the email, sent on Friday, August 12th, which assigned your family Driveline number. Please make a note of your number this week. Your family placard number was sent in the mail and should be arriving shortly. Please watch for the mailing.
Reminder Traffic Flow and Parking Lot
This is just a reminder that we have a new Car/Drive Line process. A presentation that explains the process can be found on our website through THIS LINK.
2022-2023 Parent-Student Handbook
The 2022-2023 Parent-Student Handbook is now available on our website through THIS LINK.
PTO Forgotten Lunch Pantry
The PTO knows that despite best intentions, sometimes a lunch gets left at home or an order comes in wrong. The PTO will continue to offer back-up lunches through the PTO Lunch Pantry. In order to have access to the Lunch Pantry, parents need to opt-in during registration to provide permission for the PTO to give students food from the pantry. If your child has known allergies to foods, please carefully review the ingredients for these items before opting in for this service; the list is posted on the PTO’s website. If you do not know if you registered for this service, please contact Dave Huber at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following important resources will help new and returning families stay connected throughout the school year:
- The 2022-23 Parent-Student Handbook
- Extended Day After School Care: Extended Day Flyer, Extended Day Parent Handbook, Extended Day Registration Form
- Bus Routes and Times: AM Bus Stops, PM Bus Stops
- The PTO Website
- Directions for ordering Marla’s Lunch options
- 8/15: K-4 Meet the Teacher 2:30-3:30 PM. PTO popsicles on the playground from 3:30-4:30 PM.
- 8/16: Gr 5-8 Walk Your Schedule 2:30-3:30. PTO popsicles on the playground from 3:30-4:30 PM.
- 8/17: First day of school (full day for all students) - PTO After Drop Off Event at Shelter C at Old School Forest Preserve - http://evite.me/13GMMUfvZR.
- 8/23: Curriculum Night K-2, 6:00-7:00 PM
- 8/24: Curriculum Night 3-5, 6:00-7:00 PM
- 8/25: Curriculum Night 6-8, 6:00-7:00 PM
Please make sure to check out our school website this week at www.ogschool.org. We've been working on giving the webite a "makeover" which is due to go live this week. With the input from staff, students, and parents, we've been working hard to make the website as user-friendly as possible. Please feel free to use the Website Suggestions link at the bottom of each page if you have any suggestions to make the site more useful. Thank you!
Please click HERE to view the flyers in our virtual backpack. Flyers are updated weekly, so please check back often so you won't miss any of the events going on in our community.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.