Board Goals 2016-17
Develop an updated Strategic Plan by Fall 2017
- Obtain summary report confirming District compliance with applicable laws mandating curriculum
- Determine the appropriate 4th grade teaching structure
- Determine appropriate Kindergarten program
- Confirm most current curriculum outlines for all subjects and all grades are available to public, both online and on paper by school start 2017-18
- Establish, approve and monitor Superintendent goals in alignment with the Strategic Plan and Board direction
- Obtain mid-year and annual reports from Superintendent on administration staff performance and development
Obtain annual report from administration confirming adequacy of facility for instruction and projected enrollment
Obtain approaches to ensure a balanced budget
Obtain database of District property and residence for use in communications and planning
Board Goals 2014-15
- Advance the Oak Grove Strategic Plan in alignment with the Strategic Plan Objectives
- Charter a CES Program Action Team to develop CES options for OGS
- Direct District/Superintendent goals in alignment with the Strategic Plan, i.e.
- Student achievement through curriculum management
- Establishing and documenting a periodic program evaluation plan
- Establishing meaningful and productive parent and community involvement, where appropriate
- Create a Communication Policy for OGS D68 that mandates the establishment and management of a communication plan that includes the objectives in the Strategic Plan
- Negotiate and approve a Collective Bargaining Agreement (the current CBA expires June 2015)
- Execute the Master Facility Plan projects on time and within the approved budget
--approved November 25, 2014
Board Goals 2012 - 13
- Develop a refreshed 3-5 year Oak Grove Strategic Plan with the engagement of the Superintendent and Community Members
- Develop District Goals, which align to the Strategic Plan
- Complete State Mandatory Board Training
- Continue to connect with the community through the use of town hall meetings, newsletters and surveys for example
- Authorize an outside technology assessment and support
- Authorize summer 2013 facility renovation projects
- Complete a Superintendent Survey to support the Superintendent evaluation
- approved Nov. 27, 2012
Board Goals for 2011-12
- Approve the CBA.
- Connect with the community through the use of town hall meetings, newsletters, and surveys for example. Demonstrate the consideration of feedback.
- Communicate decisions around strategic parameters e.g. - levy, class size, administrative staff.
- Develop District Goals, which align to the Strategic Plan.
- Re-evaluate the Board committee structure and those areas appropriate for committee-as-a-whole.
- Address investigation and resolutions for bullying policy, process and procedures.
Board Goals 2010-2011
- Review and restructure Board Committees and Charters
- Successful Collective Bargaining with the OGEA
- Board Training
Board Goals 2009-2010
The Board agreed to support the following 5 goals for 2009-2010. These are the goals to which the Board holds itself accountable.
- Establish Board of Education committee structure in line with the Board‚ responsibilities by November 30, 2009.
- Complete Board Committee charters and update Policy 2:150 as necessary by January 31, 2010.
- Establish District key performance indicators and develop mechanisms to monitor and report effectiveness by June 30, 2010.
- Monitor the progress of the Strategic Plan throughout the 2009-2010 school year.
- Leveraging best practices identify assessment standards for the Oak Grove Board of Education performance and evaluate the board performance by June 30, 2010.
Board Goals 2008-09
- Strategic Plan
- Develop a Strategic Plan with input from the staff, administrators, community, and Board. The process includes: reviewing our Mission Statement, creating a Vision and Belief Statement, developing long and short term goals.
- Our objective is to create a plan that would guide decision-making. The Strategic Plan will be reviewed annually and updated every three years.
- Administrative Contracts
- The BOE Administration Committee will review the philosophy of multi- year administrative contracts and make a recommendation to the Board of Education by the January Board meeting.
- Professional Development
- The Board of Education will participate in a total of 35 professional development hours each year. We recommend that each Board Member complete five hours annually.
- Board of Education Transition
- All Board members cross train to learn the duties of Board Officers.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.