The Illinois State School Code Health Law, Section 665, requires that a child have a complete physical examination, including mandated immunizations, upon entrance into kindergarten and Sixth grade.
6th grade Requirements
Any child entering 6th grade is required to show proof (see section 665.250(b) of receiving one dose of Tdap vaccine regardless of the interval since the last DTap, DT or Td dose, and one dose of Meningococcal vaccine.
Any child entering 6th grade is required to show proof of having 3 doses of Hepatitis B. The first two doses should have been received no less than 4 weeks (28 days) apart. The interval between the second and third doses should be at least 2 months (56 days) apart.
The immunization record must also show proof of 2 MMR, and 2 Varicella, and proof of polio immunization.
The physical examination should be completed within the 12 months previous to the child’s entrance into school. The physical exam has 2 pages and requires 3 signatures. The signatures required are: Immunizations and physical exam signed by the health care provider, and Health History completed and signed by parent. The due date to have all required paperwork completed and turned in to the school nurse is October 15 to avoid school exclusion.
The physical examination will act as a sports physical as well, as long as it does not expire. Physicals are good for 13 months before expiring. In order to tryout/participate in volleyball, basketball, cheer/poms, wrestling, cross country, or track; there must be an up to date physical on file with the school nurse.
Dental Exam due May 15th. Exam must have taken place within 18 months prior to May 15th. Failure to turn in the dental exam may result in report card holding.
- Important Dates for 21-22 (opens in new window)
- Parent/Student Handbook 21-22 (opens in new window)
- OGS Nursing Services
- Athletics (opens in new window)
- Free Lunch/Milk Application (opens in new window)
- Curriculum & Instruction
- Technology Responsible Use Policy (opens in new window)
- RevTrak Online Store (opens in new window)
- PowerSchool (opens in new window)
- Virtual Backpack (opens in new window)
- How to create a PowerSchool account (opens in new window)
- K-5 Reading Night Resources (opens in new window)
- Standards-Based Reporting
- Crisis Information
- Student Transfer Form
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.