How to Get Involved!
- Follow us on Facebook and read our updates in Oak Grove News
- Attend PTO Meetings on the first Wednesday of each month in person or via Zoom. All parents are voting members of the PTO; we hope to see you there!
- Volunteer in the Elementary or Junior High Cafeteria to distribute hot lunches & assist OGS staff. It's a great way to get to know the students and staff! (Note: You cannot sign up for the Jr. High and Elementary on the same day.)
- Check out our Standing Committees. If one (or more) sounds interesting, email us and we'll get you in contact with that chairperson.
- Once a month, PTO members pull the Eagle Express Treat Train through the halls to show our appreciation of ALL the staff in the building. Are you able to help organize a treat train or donate items for the cart? Fill out this Google Form, if interested.
The PTO is once again working with Marla’s Lunch as our school lunch partner. Marla’s works with national chains as well as local restaurants to provide quality lunches and they work with OGS staff and parent volunteers in the lunchroom each day. When placing orders, please ensure your student(s) grade level and teacher are listed correctly. Every Wednesday at 12:00pm is the lockout date to place/change orders for the following week. Additional information is avialable at the links below:
We need volunteers to distribute Marla’s meals in both the Elementary and Junior High Cafetierias. The lunch program is one of the PTO’s biggest fundraisers, and we appreciate all the volunteers that help make it possible!
- Volunteer Sign Up for the Elementary Lunch (Volunteers needed 11:00am - 1:00pm)
- Volunteer Sign Up for the Junior High Lunch (Volunteers needed 10:45am - 12:35pm)
The PTO also stocks a lunch pantry at school for students who mistakingly encounter problems with their Marla's lunches (forgot to order, wrong order delivered, etc.) or for when students accidentally forget their lunch at home. The pantry includes Kraft Mac & Cheese cups, GoGo Squeez applesauce pouches, Kellogg's Nutrigrain bars and Pepperidge Farm Goldfish crackers. The Nutrition Facts and Ingredients information is available here. Parents must grant permission that your child may be given these items on the school database.
We Are Eagles Dance Challenge
We hope everyone had fun participating in the dance challenge and celebrating all Eagles being back together. We are excited to share a highlights video that includes a handful of the video submissions as well as some of the awesome drone footage. An extended version, including all submissions, plays on the multimedia screens inside the school. Thank you to everyone who participated and helped make this so fun!
Those Who Excel Award Recipient
Oak Grove School PTO is the proud recipient of the 2021 Those Who Excel Award issued by the Illinois State Board of Education! THANK YOU to all the PTO volunteers, families, and OGS staff who made this possible.
The purpose of the Oak Grove Parent Teacher Organization is:
- To enhance the educational environment and social opportunities at Oak Grove School through events, volunteer opportunities, and financial resources;
- To build a spirit of pride in Oak Grove School throughout the school and community at large; and
- To promote communication between the school administration, staff, families, and students.
Welcome New Families!
- Video of PTO Events
- Slide Deck from New Family Night
- If you are new to OGS and have any questions, contact our New Family Chairperson, Amber Rynes. She's always happy to help our new Eagles!
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.