**Updated curriculum maps will be available soon.
Comprehensive Personal Health and Safety and Sexual Education Act (Public Act 102-0522)
On June 14, 2022, the Illinois State Board of Education adopted the National Sex Education Standards as the Illinois Learning Standards for sexual health education. This was done in compliance with The Comprehensive Personal Health and Safety and Sexual Health Education Act.
- Districts have the option to provide sexual health instruction
- Parents/guardians have the opportunity to opt their children out of the instruction
- School districts that choose to provide instruction in sexual health education must develop or select a curriculum that is aligned with the new standards
Oak Grove School utilizes Candor Health Education to provide this instruction. Programs are in alignment with the national sex education standards, but do not cover all standards.
Candor provides a presentation once a year to the following grade levels:
- Grade 5: Puberty I: Understanding Changes
- Grade 8: Teen Sexual Health
No other grades levels are exposed to sexual education curriculum.
- Assessment Information
- Curriculum Guides
- District-Adopted Resources
- Early Childhood
- Early Entrance to K/1st Grade
- Grading and Reporting
- Mandated Units of Study
- Placement Info - 3rd & 5th Grades
- Social Emotional Learning (SEL)
- Talented & Gifted (TAG)
- Talk Tuesdays
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.